Astradis Elektronik GmbH presents new Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W
Planegg, December 22th, 2021
Astradis Elektronik, Raspberry Pi authorized reseller, presents the Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W, the successor of the popular Raspberry Pi Zero. The Raspberry Pi Zero W features many upgrades over its predecessor, and is available in the same form factor. It is especially suitable for embedded and IoT applications as well as server operation.
The Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W features a quad-core 64-bit Arm Cortex-A53 CPU clocked at 1GHz. At its heart is a Raspberry Pi RP3A0 System-in-Package (SiP) that integrates a Broadcom BCM2710A1 chip with 512MB of LPDDR2 SDRAM. The updated processor provides the Pi with 40% more single-threaded performance and five times more multi-threaded performance than the original single-core Raspberry Pi Zero.
The Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W offers 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.2, along with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) support and modular compliance certification.
The board has a microSD card slot, a CSI-2 camera port, a USB On-The-Go (OTG) port and a free area for a HAT-compatible 40-pin GPIO connector. Power is supplied via a micro USB socket. Video output is via a mini HDMI port. A composite video output can be easily provided via test points if needed.
The Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W has the same size and connector placement as previous Zero models, existing enclosures can still be used.
Highlights of the Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W:
- BCM 2710A1 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 quad-core CPU @ 1GHz
- 512MB LPDDR2
- On-board Wireless LAN - 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n
- On-board Bluetooth 4.2 / Bluetooth Low-energy (BLE)
- micro-SD slot
- mini-HDMI type C connector
- 1x micro-B USB for data
- 1x micro-B USB for power
- CSI Camera Connector (requires adapter cable sold separately)
- Composite video and reset pins via solder pads
- Unpopulated 40-pin GPIO connector
- Compatible with existing pHAT/HAT add-on boards
- Input voltage: 5V DC 2.5A
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +70°C
- Dimensions: 65 x 30 x 5mm
The Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W from Astradis Elektronik is now available in our webshop>> (https://www.asdstore.de/de/hersteller/RaspberryPi/industrie-raspberry-pi/raspberry-pi-zero-wh-512-mb-145.html).